What's the point of this app?The "shuffle" function in Spotify sucks, it just sucks. The playback is not actually random and sometimes it only plays a few albums instead of all the tracks in the playlist. This app tries to solve all of the problems of the shuffle function.
- A shuffle function that is actually random. There are two modes: random and shuffle.
- Random plays a completely random selection of songs, so it's possible that the same song is played twice in a row for example.
- Shuffle mixes all tracks from the selected albums and playlists and plays them out one after the other without duplicates.
- Shuffle across multiple playlists and albums
- Create a pre-shuffled playlist to listen to without having this site open
- Use Spotify controls/media buttons to skip a song
How does it workThis app let's you select one or multiple playlists and albums. When you hit the big shuffle button, it downloads a list of all the tracks in the playlists and starts playing one at random. NOTE: You need to have a Spotify Connect client (Smartphone, Desktop client, etc.) connected and leave the site open. After the track ends or you hit the shuffle button again, a new track is selected and played.
Click here to get started with Shuffle Player:
Select one of your playlists
Add public playlist/album
SettingsShuffle Mode: (You need to re-shuffle for this setting to take effect)
Play songs totally random, without any sense of what was played before.
Play each song exactly once (duplicates are ignored), but in a completely random order.Graphical effects: